Re: [isabelle] Question Posed: Where is a good place to learn about HOL?

On 6/1/2012 2:15 PM, gottfried.barrow at gmx.com wrote:
---BEST BOOK I'VE FOUND SO FAR---

"Principles of Mathematical Analysis, with a Friendly Introduction to Natural Deduction & Typed Lambda Calculus, and How to Implement Mathematical Proof in Isabelle2012, for the Working Mathematician, 4th Edition", by Walter Rudin (Amazon)

This last part was supposed to be a joke on my part, but I forgot that this is an international community, that Rudin's book is not a standard textbook everywhere, that not everyone would know that it was first published many years ago, and that not everyone would be aware that Rudin is deceased.

--GB