[isabelle] Verification of C Programs

What is the best approach for verifying the correctness of C programs in
Isabelle? I see that some people have done some work on this already, but
is there a current best approach?  This is for a virtual machine/assembly
language that is implemented in C and will be used as the target language
for a compiler that will need to be verified in Isabelle as well.  I
would like to verify the implementation of the virtual machine.

--
Aaron W. Hsu | arcfide at sacrideo.us | http://www.sacrideo.us
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.