Re: [isabelle] jEdit: -l flag

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012, Christian Sternagel wrote:

On 06/22/2012 04:42 PM, Lars Noschinski wrote:
On 22.06.2012 08:06, Christian Sternagel wrote:
recently I noticed that

isabelle jedit -l Logic file

does no longer work as is. (In addition to giving the flag I have to
adapt the pull-down menu that is part of the "Prover Session" panel...
but this change takes only effect after the next start... so essentially
I have to start jedit twice in order to change the logic image.)

The -l option only works if the logic in the pull-down method is set to
"default".

   -- Lars

Thanks! That explains everything ;). (Nevertheless I would rather expect a command line flag to overwrite any persistent user settings.)

The -l option is a bit old-fashioned in imitating classic Proof General: it only changes the meaning of "default", as Lars has observed.

This should have been the same behaviour in Isabelle/jEdit for Isabelle2011, Isabelle2011-1, Isabelle2012. Nonetheless, it should become better at some stage. It is just not the most painful inconvenience of Isabelle/jEdit, so it has a lower priotity in the pipeline.

Selection of sessions has further conceptual inconveniences that need to be overcome at some point, i.e. it should be somehow determined automatically from the project that you open.