Hi Makarius,

Am 07.05.2012 um 23:00 schrieb Makarius:

> official Isabelle2012 will be rolled-out before the end of the month. Release candidate #2 is now available here:
>
>  http://isabelle.in.tum.de/website-Isabelle2012-RC2
>
> The main difference to RC1 is the slightly improved Windows setup, to initialize Cygwin more thoroughly and report startup problems of the Isabelle session more explicitly.

On my Windows XP / VirtualBox swetup, the Isabelle splash screen appears, then a pause, then the following message:

Error during execution "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\blanchette\Desktop\Isabelle2012-RC2\contrib\cygwin-1.7.9\init.bat".
Das System kann di angegebene Datei nicht finden.

The problem goes away if I install Isabelle to a path with no spaces in it. However, note that at this point the usual warning about spaces in paths hasn't been presented to the user yet.

Otherwise, the usual suspects (Nitpick, Sledgehammer, SMT) seem to work fine (Windows and Mac OS X 10.6).

Jasmin