Re: [isabelle] On Recursion Induction

Dear Christian,

I was a little puzzled by you "atomic" proof below

lemma "(⋀x. P x) ≡ Trueprop (∀x. P x)"
   by (rule) (rule allI, assumption, rule spec)

and wanted to see the details myself. But using step-by-step apply commands
this  was the only way I could solve the goal:

lemma "(⋀x. P x) ≡ Trueprop (∀x. P x)"
   apply (rule)
   apply (rule allI)
   apply (assumption)
   apply (rename_tac x0)
   apply (erule allE)
   apply (assumption)
done

That is to say,  I had to use "allE" instead of "spec". The renaming above
was
included because I was a little confused by a scope of a specific arbitrary
variable.

best!

--
Alfio Ricardo Martini