Re: [isabelle] Isabelle on OpenBSD?

On Sun, 13 May 2012, Aaron W. Hsu wrote:

Has anyone previously made an attempt to port or support the Isabelle Theorem prover on *BSD, particularly OpenBSD?

Last year I've seen a BSD user in France, and he actually managed to run Isabelle after installing the Linux binary compatibility package for it. The script lib/isabelle-platform already takes care of it in the sense that any *BSD will be coerced into x86-linux. You will also have to install GNU bash.

The JVM is another issue -- I have not tried nor seen it recently, but it might work as well, once sufficiently many Linux shared libraries are installed on BSD.