Re: [isabelle] jedit

On Thu, 17 May 2012, Christian Sternagel wrote:

I'll do it anyways. Full-Screen mode (either View -> Toggle Full-Screen Mode, or F11) might be of interest.

Which is your window manager? I've tried it so far with Mac OS and Xfce (Xubuntu), but the desktop title bar then hides the menu bar of jEdit.

Anyway, Mac OS has the menu bar in the title by default, but the standard Isabelle/jEdit properties emulate Linux/Windows here, to reduce the potential for confusion with multiple jEdit views that have their own menu bar.

For Mac OS users, it might be worth trying the following in $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/etc/settings:

  JEDIT_SYSTEM_OPTIONS="$JEDIT_SYSTEM_OPTIONS -Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true"

Then you get the Mac OS menu bar back. (All this Mac-specific Java stuff needs to be applied with great care, it usually causes some surprises elsewhere.)