Re: [isabelle] $HOME, $USER_HOME, and how I call "bin/isabelle" commands with batch/bash files

On Sun, 20 May 2012, gottfried.barrow at gmx.com wrote:

However, I'll show how I call "bin/isabelle" commands through a combination of a batch file and a bash file, which I do so that I don't have to start a Cygwin command window, and then type in something like "isabelle jedit" in Cygwin.

This is also related to the fact that my Norton 360 anti-virus deletes my "Isabelle2012-RC3\Isabelle.exe", though it's not a problem for me, because I prefer to change my Isabelle home folder anyway.

To call jEdit, and change my home folders, I put this in "isajedit-2012.bat":

You can also imitate what the Launch4j wrapper does, see the included config file of it. With a fixed directory location one should be able to turn the whole .exe into a plain Windows application alias.

The JVM entry point is src/Pure/System/main.scala and the init function in src/Pure/System/isabelle_system.scala -- it basically redirects HOME to user.home given by the JVM.

This hint is only for Isabelle2012 -- I might find new ways to makes things simpler and more robust over time.

	Makarius
<launch4jConfig>
  <dontWrapJar>true</dontWrapJar>
  <headerType>gui</headerType>
  <jar></jar>
  <outfile>Isabelle.exe</outfile>
  <errTitle></errTitle>
  <cmdLine></cmdLine>
  <chdir></chdir>
  <priority>normal</priority>
  <downloadUrl></downloadUrl>
  <supportUrl></supportUrl>
  <customProcName>false</customProcName>
  <stayAlive>true</stayAlive>
  <manifest></manifest>
  <icon>isabelle.ico</icon>
  <classPath>
    <mainClass>isabelle.Main</mainClass>
    <cp>%EXEDIR%\lib\classes\ext\Pure.jar</cp>
    <cp>%EXEDIR%\lib\classes\ext\scala-library.jar</cp>
    <cp>%EXEDIR%\lib\classes\ext\scala-swing.jar</cp>
  </classPath>
  <jre>
    <path>%EXEDIR%\contrib\jdk-6u31_x86-cygwin\jdk1.6.0_31</path>
    <minVersion></minVersion>
    <maxVersion></maxVersion>
    <jdkPreference>jdkOnly</jdkPreference>
    <opt>-Disabelle.home=&quot;%EXEDIR%&quot; -Dcygwin.root=&quot;%EXEDIR%\\contrib\\cygwin-1.7.9&quot;</opt>
  </jre>
  <splash>
    <file>isabelle.bmp</file>
    <waitForWindow>false</waitForWindow>