Re: [isabelle] Simpler theorem statements, and proofs for them [Re: Started auction theory toolbox; announcement, next steps, and questions]

You should look at the documentation on the induct/induction proof methods. They achieve the effect of performing induction on a formula such as

 "\<forall>i::nat . P i \<longrightarrow> Q i"

while completely hiding the tedious manipulations of these logical connectives that would normally be required.

Larry Paulson