[isabelle] "Unknown ISABELLE_JEDIT_BUILD_HOME -- missing auxiliary component"

Installation of Isabelle2012 is easier than ever before, thanks !

For creating an appropriate setup, however, we have too little understanding of the respective scripts (Admin/makedist: ISABELLE_JEDIT_BUILD_HOME="$OPTARG" ?) --- and ask for help:

(1) We have Isabelle2012 (from the official bundle, perfectly working) at
        /usr/local/Isabelle2012
and our working directory (containing the updated Isabelle repository) at
        /usr/local/isabisac

(2) we 'cannibalise' the official release
        Isabelle2012$ cp -r etc/ ../isabisac
        Isabelle2012$ cp -r contrib/ ../isabisac

(3) but with (3) we lost ISABELLE_JEDIT_BUILD_HOME:

/usr/local/isabisac$ bin/isabelle jedit test/Tools/isac/Test_2012.thy &
        /usr/local/isabisac$ ### Building Isabelle/jEdit ...
        Unknown ISABELLE_JEDIT_BUILD_HOME -- missing auxiliary component

How do we get appropriate settings ?

Walther