Re: [isabelle] (Unexpected) Problems with isabelle make on Windows/Cygwin

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012, Alfio Martini wrote:

I had to reinstall my Isabelle2012 on Windows and now I´m having some
unexpected problems with
"isabelle make" when preparing document sessions.

Below I paste the error messages as they appear in the Cygwin terminal.

sh:
/cygdrive/c/Isabelle2012/contrib/exec_process-1.0/x86-cygwin/exec_process:
Bad address
sh:
/cygdrive/c/Isabelle2012/contrib/exec_process-1.0/x86-cygwin/exec_process:
No error

*** System command failed: mkdir -p
'/cygdrive/c/Users/AlfioMartini/.isabelle/Isabelle2012/browser_info/HOL/p1mf201202ga
b/document'

Error "no error" sounds like one of these old Windows jokes.

Anyway, such basic shell tools crashing normally indicates some confusion of Cygwin versions (notably cygwin.dll). Isabelle2012 bundles its own Cygwin, and you need to make sure that it does not execute programs from a different Cygwin installation. This should normally work, if you use the Cygwin Terminal from inside Isabelle2012.