Re: [isabelle] (Unexpected) Problems with isabelle make on Windows/Cygwin

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012, Alfio Martini wrote:

Well, I am using W7 and it does not look that Avast is complaining about
anything (this time).

One more attempt to rescue the Windows situation:

  * Use "isabelle getenv ISABELLE_HOME_USER" to determine the place of
    your local etc/settings file; it should be something like
    .isabelle/Isabelle2012/etc/settings within your normal Windows home directory.

  * Create that file and add the following line:

      unset EXEC_PROCESS

This should bypass the exec_process C wrapper that I've added in the last moment before the Isabelle2012 release to address some issues with the traditional perl wrapper that was still used in some of the RC versions.