Re: [isabelle] Status of "eval" method

Hi Peter,

A thorough documentation can be found in the code generation tutorial in chapter 6. If you care much about evaluations going through Isabelle's inference kernel, Isabelle provides a method "code_simp", which does the same as eval but slower ;)

Maybe you could add documentation about eval in the Isar reference (by extending chapter 10.20) then, and summarize the proof methods of chapter 6?

Removing is not possible as the Flyspeck proof relies on this method.
In my opinion, renaming is not a reasonable option either.

Lukas