Re: [isabelle] Free variable dead horse beat; getting two equiv formulas after either one is axiomatized

Dear Gottfried,

My point here is that you are investing a lot of time to reinvent the wheel (moreover a somewhat square wheel that people won't put on their own cars; sorry for that ;)).

My suggestion (just my personal opinion): Keep the actual THY-file as clean and simple as possible.

For a proper presentation of theories there is already Isabelle's document preparation system which works very well for LaTeX. No need to cook up your own variant. (What people often do when they want to publish some Isabelle formalization is to start another theory that imports the actual formalization and write their paper/article in this new theory, referencing facts from the previous formalization. Of course it depends on the audience, what the best solution is. E.g., for mathematicians I would mostly hide Isabelle related stuff and instead of presenting the sourcecode of the actual formalization, just reference facts - using Isabelle's antiquotations - and give textual overviews of the formalized proofs which convey the main ideas.)

Concerning your markups in order to process THY files with scripts. In your example THY file I do not see what additional possibility your markups give, since they always accompany existing commands like "section", "subsection", "definition", ... which could as easily be recognized my scripts.

The most important question: What is your actual application anyway?

Maybe there is already existing infrastructure which could achieve the same goal more easily.

cheers

chris