Re: [isabelle] Isabelle/Eclipse prover IDE released!

Hi Alfio,

Thanks for trying it out. Glad to see you got everything running without
problems!

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Alfio Martini <alfio.martini at acm.org>wrote:

>  I am working in windows 8 laptop with 6GB of ram memory. My only
> complain is that it took
> too (ooo) long to process the thy file (if compared to jedit/isabelle or
> isabelle/proofgeneral).

I have not done any side-by-side performance testing yet with
Isabelle/jEdit, so it may be true. If you feel it is much slower, can you
file this as a bug at
http://github.com/andriusvelykis/isabelle-eclipse/issues ?

> I have used ecplise update manager as explained in the help file. But one
> thing caught my attention.
> If you click in the link for the windows 64-bit version you will see that
> actually it points to the
> 32 bit version (see second image). So I wonder if that could be the
> problem for the very slow file processing.

The `win32` bit in the file name is just standard Eclipse's way of
packaging to indicate that Win-API is used for UI widgets. The 32/64 bit
difference is at the end of the file name, see:
isabelle-eclipse-ide-1.2.0-win32.win32.x86_64.zip. The x86_64 part
indicates that this is indeed a 64-bit package.

I'll have to see what can be the causes of performance issues you are
experiencing.

>  Thanks for any help
>
>  --
> Alfio Ricardo Martini
> PhD in Computer Science (TU Berlin)
> Associate Professor at Faculty of Informatics (PUCRS)
> Coordenador do Curso de Ciência da Computação
> Av. Ipiranga, 6681 - Prédio 32 - Faculdade de Informática
> 90619-900 -Porto Alegre - RS - Brasil

Thanks for the comments!
Andrius