Re: [isabelle] BibTeX files on AFP

On 25/04/2013, at 5:44 PM, Joachim Breitner <breitner at kit.edu> wrote:
> I was about to re-do the BibTeX for AFP entries on our institute website
> and while I found the example at http://afp.sourceforge.net/citing.shtml
> I was surprised that the individual entries do not have a recommended
> BibTeX file. Is there any reason not to provide that (besides that noone
> has done it yet)?

You mean there should be a generated bibtex file linked for each entry?

I have had that on my todo list for a while, but haven't gotten around to it yet. (If somebody feels like hacking python code, the relevant script is in the repository under admin/sitegen.py).

In terms of citation style, the example on http://afp.sourceforge.net/citing.shtml is for an individual entry.

> Also, I find that dblp is generally a good source of BibTeX files, but
> the output generated there, e.g.
> http://dblp.uni-trier.de/rec/bibtex/journals/afp/Breitner13
> does not contain the ISSN. Is there a way to fix this, so that the
> BibTeX files found there match the recommended files?

I don't think so. It looks like DBLP have their standard way of generating bibtex. Or does somebody know a way to customise the bibtex that is generated there?

The ISSN is more for ID purposes in larger databases, it's usually not printed by bibtex anyway. It's not a problem to leave it out.

Cheers,
Gerwin