Re: [isabelle] match_tac, schematic and bound variables

I see that match_tac is basically part of the classical reasoner. It is for applying rules safely without affecting the proof state. Any significant change in its behaviour would breaks lots of things, but it's conceivable that there's a bug in this example. Or else the documentation isn't quite accurate.
Larry