[isabelle] jEdit - slowdown on split-view of same buffer

Hi all,

With jEdit, I've been experiencing some weird, massive slowdowns occasionally when I'm editing, and finally figured out why it happens. I have a habit of sometimes viewing the same buffer in two split frames. If I edit in the frame viewing a later part of the buffer, all is well. But if I start editing in the frame viewing an earlier part of the buffer than the other frame, it seems that every time I change something in that frame, the parser will immediately try to re-process the file up to the frame with the latest view of the buffer, causing a massive slow-down. Naturally, the larger the space between the two viewing frames, the worse it gets.

Knowing this, it's pretty easy to work around, but it would be nice not to have to worry about it. Maybe it's just a question of having it process only up to the frame that has focus, instead of the latest-viewing frame?

Regards,
- Palle