[isabelle] jEdit - slowdown on split-view of same buffer
- To: isabelle-users <isabelle-users at cl.cam.ac.uk>
- Subject: [isabelle] jEdit - slowdown on split-view of same buffer
- From: Palle Raabjerg <palle.raabjerg at it.uu.se>
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 16:48:05 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20130510 Thunderbird/17.0.6
With jEdit, I've been experiencing some weird, massive slowdowns
occasionally when I'm editing, and finally figured out why it happens. I
have a habit of sometimes viewing the same buffer in two split frames.
If I edit in the frame viewing a later part of the buffer, all is well.
But if I start editing in the frame viewing an earlier part of the
buffer than the other frame, it seems that every time I change something
in that frame, the parser will immediately try to re-process the file up
to the frame with the latest view of the buffer, causing a massive
Naturally, the larger the space between the two viewing frames, the
worse it gets.
Knowing this, it's pretty easy to work around, but it would be nice not
to have to worry about it. Maybe it's just a question of having it
process only up to the frame that has focus, instead of the
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail (Mailman edition) and