On Sun, 1 Dec 2013, bnord wrote:

Am 01.12.2013 00:07, schrieb Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57):
I guess that's because jEdit can't know if the document is still opened, and probably it supposes it still is, and in such a case, a click on the row which is already selected, is probably supposed to result into the document opened twice.
It shouldn't suppose such things, if I click on the documentation I want it to open. Think the problem is that the document is opened when the item is selected not when it's clicked on, if you use the arrow keys to select a documentation, all documentations on the way are opened ;)

There are a variety of accidental and fundamental Java GUI vs. OS desktop environment problems here that I did not manage to sort out in every respect for the Isabelle2013-1 / Isabelle2013-2 release. It is already an improvement that documentation is readily available at all, which was not the case in the years before.

What I usually do myself is to click on one of the "section" entries as a resting position, and then make a fresh click on the piece of documentation that should open once again. (Silly if one needs extra documentation to browse documentation efficiently.)

Related problem: on OS X for each documentation a new instance of my viewer is started instead of reusing the old instance as customary under OS X, why don't you just use OS X's "open" command which handles all this?

I have struggled a long time with that odd detail. Since we only support Lion or later, the settings for it are now as follows:

  PDF_VIEWER="open -W -n -F"

This agglomeration of options stems from several years working around defaults by Apple, but the final -F is brand new.

You can change the above in $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/etc/settings and see if other forms work better. (Changing system settings needs a restart of the application each time.)