Re: [isabelle] Line numbers vs. icons

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013, Gottfried Barrow wrote:

 What was your motivation to enable line numbers in the first place?

Isabelle/jEdit, a multi-OS application, eliminates some of the opportunity for engaging in Mac vs. PC type hostilities, but Eclipse vs. jEdit is there to take up the slack (where I'd rather have the continuous proving and graphical symbols of Isabelle/jEdit any day).

With Eclipse, one can have both information icons in the gutter and line numbers, so it can be done, at least in Eclipse.

I have no problems to paint icons along-side the line numbers, if jEdit provides free pixels for that.

You can try to convince the guys at http://sourceforge.net/projects/jedit/

It might actually work out, since someone has enabled line numbers by default in recent jEdit releases, but I reverted that for Isabelle/jEdit to get the icons back.