Hi,
Am 04.12.13 13:00, schrieb Makarius:
Do you have the impression that this behaviour has changed in Isabelle2013-1 and Isabelle2013-2 compared to Isabelle2012 and Isabelle2013?
Sorry, can't tell because I didn't use Isabelle/jEdit intensively before.
How many "threads" do you have active, compared to the physical hardware? This can be changed in "Plugin Options / Isabelle / General" and the effective value is reported by ML "Multithreading.max_threads_value ()".
ML "Multithreading.max_threads_value ()" returns 4, I've an Core i5 with 4 hardware threads running on 2 cores, I changed max_threads to 2, I'll see how that works out.

Best
    Benedikt