The issues I had with RC1 appear to have been fixed in RC2, things ran
fairly smoothly in that version.

My work during the last few days consisted mostly of writing
definitions and thinking on paper, so I haven't had any opportunity to
test the process termination part of RC3 properly, but a few quick
tests indicated that it's working fine there, too.