[isabelle] jEdit print mode

Hi,

Starting Isabelle2013-2.app on a Mac with the line

ISABELLE_JEDIT_OPTIONS="-m brackets"

in $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/etc/settings does not affect the output of the prover (in contrast to invoking isabelle jedit on the command line). I first assumed that adding

print_mode = "brackets"

to $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/etc/preferences would do the trick, but this had no influence on the output in Isabelle/jEdit, either. I realized that the environment variable JEDIT_PRINT_MODE is used, so including

JEDIT_PRINT_MODE=brackets

in $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/etc/settings finally changes the print mode.

I think it is a bit confusing having to think about three different ways to modify the output of the prover and wanted to document this in case of future confusions here.

Best,
Fabian