Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2013 release candidates vs. ITP deadline

On 02/07/2013 06:49 AM, Makarius wrote:
Note that in general, URLs like
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/website-Isabelle2012 are useful to refer to
certain Isabelle versions more permanently that "the" latest release.
The TUM server still has them back to Isabelle2008.
Why is the "website-" prefix required?

In my submission I wanted to refer to

http://isabelle.in.tum.de/website-Isabelle2013-RC2/dist/Isabelle2013-RC2/doc/sugar.pdf

but with the link I would exceed the page limit (not the link alone, of course ;)). So instead I did fall back to

  http://isabelle.in.tum.de/dist/Isabelle2012/doc/sugar.pdf

But I wonder what prevents the following format for release websites

http://isabelle.in.tum.de/Isabelle2011-1/
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/Isabelle2012/
htpp://isabelle.in.tum.de/Isabelle2013/

and document access

http://isabelle.in.tum.de/Isabelle2011-1/doc/
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/Isabelle2012/doc/
htpp://isabelle.in.tum.de/Isabelle2013/doc/

In other words, why have the "dist/<version>" indirection?

cheers

chris