Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2013 release candidates vs. ITP deadline

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, Christian Sternagel wrote:

On 02/07/2013 06:49 AM, Makarius wrote:
Note that in general, URLs like
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/website-Isabelle2012 are useful to refer to
certain Isabelle versions more permanently that "the" latest release.
The TUM server still has them back to Isabelle2008.

Why is the "website-" prefix required?

In other words, why have the "dist/<version>" indirection?

The "website" and "dist" prefixes are already the answer to a huge mess that had accumulated on unmanaged shared file-space over many years. Since about 2008 we have this relatively sane structure, only with a few confusions left about odd aliases and redirects on the server side (at TUM only).

http://isabelle.in.tum.de/website-Isabelle2013-RC2/dist/Isabelle2013-RC2/doc/sugar.pdf

but with the link I would exceed the page limit (not the link alone, of course ;)). So instead I did fall back to

 http://isabelle.in.tum.de/dist/Isabelle2012/doc/sugar.pdf

The shortest URL that I know is http://isabelle.in.tum.de/doc/sugar.pdf
-- it uses one of the traditional aliases that are likely to stay a bit longer. Of course such unversioned links are just a hint of what you mean at some arbitrary point in time.