On Wed, 6 Feb 2013, Gottfried Barrow wrote:

A few minutes ago, I clicked on the "Detach" button, and an empty "Info" window popped up, and that's what's been happening to me, an "Info" window has been mysteriously opening up.

I'll be typing, and then an empty "Info" window will open up, and my fingers haven't been near the CNTL or ALT keys. I've been looking high and low for any shortcut that will do that, and I haven't found any.

Both sounds like an odd problem of window focus -- jEdit dockable windows cannot be invoked with arguments, so I have to play tricks with focus events to transfer content to the detached window.

Can you try this again with Isabelle2013-RC3 without any of your local properties or plugins? A new release with a new name also gives you a clean $ISABELLE_HOME_USER as you have probably noticed already.