On 2/7/2013 6:55 AM, Makarius wrote:
On Wed, 6 Feb 2013, Gottfried Barrow wrote:
A few minutes ago, I clicked on the "Detach" button, and an empty "Info" window popped up, and that's what's been happening to me, an "Info" window has been mysteriously opening up. I'll be typing, and then an empty "Info" window will open up, and my fingers haven't been near the CNTL or ALT keys. I've been looking high and low for any shortcut that will do that, and I haven't found any.
Both sounds like an odd problem of window focus -- jEdit dockable windows cannot be invoked with arguments, so I have to play tricks with focus events to transfer content to the detached window.

Can you try this again with Isabelle2013-RC3 without any of your local properties or plugins? A new release with a new name also gives you a clean $ISABELLE_HOME_USER as you have probably noticed already.

It wasn't predictable, and it didn't happen but maybe once every 30 minutes, at the most, and when I was doing a lot of typing.

I did a little typing with the default jEdit install folder for Isabelle2103-RC3, and it works, but I won't immediately find out if it's a problem.

It could be related to the fact that I use two views to edit the same file. The cursor of one view might be at the very bottom of the file, and so every keystroke in the 2nd view causes the 1st view to have to do its continuous proving thing. The typing gets sluggish, but I use it like that quite a lot anyway.

Another mystery was that the side panel would close occasionally, as if I had clicked on the side panel tab of the plugin.

Things have primarily been uneventful, especially with the multi-threading fix for Cygwin.

Regards,
GB