On 2/8/2013 7:51 AM, Makarius wrote:
On Fri, 8 Feb 2013, Christian Sternagel wrote:
On 02/07/2013 11:36 PM, Makarius wrote:
On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, Christian Sternagel wrote:
On 02/07/2013 09:51 PM, Makarius wrote:
   * Everybody: please check if you can scale the Isabelle/jEdit
font-size
up and down like in Firefox (C-PLUS/MINUS or C-ADD/SUBTRACT on the
     keypad).
What do you mean by "remap the non-keypad keys"? That I should use C-= for font increase? (Which would be just fine.)
Yes, you use the normal jEdit Options panel for keyboard shortcuts, and press the respective keys.

Neither works with the default .isabelle\Isabelle2013-RC3\jedit folder for my Cygwin on Win7.

What I do different is I copy the unarchived Isabelle2013-RC3 folder to where I want it, and then I start isabelle with a batch file with environment variables set for where I want my home folder.

I also use a Windows 7 user account that doesn't have administrative privileges.

I look in "imported_keys.props", and I see these:

isabelle.decrease-font-size.shortcut2=C+SUBTRACT
isabelle.increase-font-size.shortcut2=C+ADD
isabelle.increase-font-size.shortcut=C+PLUS
isabelle.decrease-font-size.shortcut=C+MINUS

But, when I go to "Options/Global Options/Shortcuts" and filter on "font", no shortcuts are registered there for increasing or decreasing font sizes.

The other shortcuts I see in "imported_keys.props", I also see "Options/Global Options/Shortcuts".

It's not a problem now, I manually added the font increase/decrease shortcuts.

To regain a little bit of sanity, the defaults for Isabelle2013-RC3 at least *look* right, and often *are* right, but not always. I will put this issue on the list of running gags, or rather bad jokes.

There are jokes about fonts, and then there are Real and True Conversations that I've heard, one of them being the following.

IsaUser1: Dude, who does Makarius think uses the size 18 font that comes as the default for jEdit?

IsaUser2: Well, that would be Makarius himself. He uses a football stadium size monitor, and at 50 meters, even a size 18 font is small, as you can imagine.

IsaUser1: Dude, that is awesome! And I thought I liked to have a lot of screen space when working with Isabelle.

IsaUser2: Oh no, it has nothing to do with Isabelle. It's for his technical charts. He does day trading in his spare time.

IsaUser1: Bro, that's what I did, but not for very long, and I don't think a stadium size monitor full of charts would have helped me out.

Regards,
GB