On 2/8/2013 9:32 AM, Makarius wrote:
On Fri, 8 Feb 2013, Gottfried Barrow wrote:
IsaUser1: Dude, who does Makarius think uses the size 18 font that comes as the default for jEdit?
It is an attempt to guess right in many first-encounter situations. 18px also happens to be the size where the font that is used as basis for IsabelleText (Bitstream Vera) renders with strong stems.
IsaUser2: Well, that would be Makarius himself. He uses a football stadium size monitor, and at 50 meters, even a size 18 font is small, as you can imagine.
In my office I do have a huge screen at 2560 pixel width, but that is in fact not so much these days

So now, to fewer people, it's not a mystery. However, as time passes, there is the possibility that it will become, "canonical Isabelle humour".

Revisions and improvements are important in most areas of life, so to raise the quality of this discussion, I submit a revision to the previous Real and True conversation:

IsaJoke-2013-0208-0956

IsaUser1: [As before]

IsaUser2: [As before]

IsaUser1: [As before, or some meaningless variation using "dude", "bro", "hommie" if you're a rapper, "mate" if you're Australian, "ole chap" if you're British, or "kumpel", "fruend", "genosse", "matt", "maat", "kamerad", or "gehilfe" if you're German.]

IsaUser2: Well, it's not just for Isabelle development. Makarius views many, many technical charts at the same time. Makarius' day job is a day trader. He only does Isabelle development in his spare time.

IsaUser1: [A user supplied sentence which overuses words like "dude" and "awesome", and is meaningless, to keep the focus on the last sentence.]

Regards,
GB