Isn't it possible to detect the DPI of the screen and set the font
accordingly? I thought all the modern text rendering libraries did this, so
you can set the font size in points and have it choose the correct pixel
size based on the size and resolution of the display. It seems that this
would solve the problem of the default being to big or small for some
people. And it might only require changing one thing to tell the system you
are using physical units instead of pixels.

Just a thought. Having people scale it themselves is not a big problem.

-Arthur