Re: [isabelle] Generating .tex from .thy without a proper session

Hi,

Am Montag, den 11.02.2013, 17:33 +0100 schrieb Makarius:
> For example, you can print formal entities with the "latex" print mode
> interactively like this:
>
>    thm (latex) exI exE
>
> or goal states:
>
>    pr (latex)
>
> This is a half-forgotten and quite archaic form.  I can't tell on the
> spot how far it still works.

It works, just today I was using "thm (latex)" quite a few times where I
really just need a theorem, and not a whole Isar command.

> > Is there a low-level-command that goes from .thy directly to .tex,
> > without a session infrastructure involving ROOT and document/root.tex?
>
> That is difficult with the full spectrum of document antiquotations etc.
> The main entry point for that is Thy_Output.present_thy but that is not
> easily invoked manually.
>

> Proper document preparation is still intertwined with the session concept,
> although there is conceptually no strong reason for it, just old habits.
>
> In the past few years, I have occasionally made tiny steps to make it more
> value oriented, operating on given sources more systematically.  My
> immediate motivation is to have document preparation within the Prover
> IDE, to avoid the relatively clumsy batch build sessions.

Thanks, that would be great. Until then, "isabelle mkroot -d" followed
by adding Scratch to the theories and quick_and_dirty to the options is
sufficient.

Greetings,
Joachim

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter