Re: [isabelle] jEdit: Abbreviations

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013, Christian Sternagel wrote:

I'm currently unable to investigate that due to the "gray rectangle bug" ;) ... but that's a completely different story that I should not have mentioned on the user mailing list... sorry for that).

This refers to https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/issue/6/jedit-no-input-from-keyboard which is part of the isabelle-users public Isabelle2013 RC stage.

The tracker is still open, although it turned out to be de-facto mainly a private scratchpad by myself and Christian Sternagel.

The problem mentioned above is both due to xmonad and Sun/Oracle. I only gradually realize all the traps and pitfalls that "alternative" Linux desktop environments and window managers pose to applications like Isabelle/jEdit.

Officially, Oracle Java 7 only supports regular Ubuntu Linux -- they hope that every other distribution will just work by accident. OpenJDK is not much better in this respect, although there are some versions with ad-hoc patches for some window managers.