Re: [isabelle] stackexchange.com use for proof assistants and related software

On 2/22/2013 11:05 AM, Serguei Mokhov wrote:
Why not give a try to http://www.discourse.org/ ? Started by the same
guy as stackexchange.com/stackoverflow.com

http://www.discourse.org/about/

Serguei,

I'm going to try and check out of this thread as fast as possible because it would take people like Makarius, who have connections with groups like the Coq group, to get things going as I described.

But, off the top of my head, I would say the reason to not use any site other than stackexchange would be because of the momentum that stackexchange has.

One downside to using stackexchange is that a person has to have an account. But, discourse.org also requires a person to have an account, so if you're looking for the most potential traffic, then you pick the site which has the largest number of people with accounts.

The other general downside is the voting, but that's independent of all this, and they're all going to have that, and the voting raises the quality of questions in some ways. That's my observation. I don't have a stackexchange or mathoverflow account.

Regards,
GB