Re: [isabelle] Isabelle Community (was "stackexchange.com use for proof assistants and related software")

Le Sat, 23 Feb 2013 04:32:40 +0100, Christian Sternagel <c.sternagel at gmail.com> a écrit:

Dear all,

in my opinion we have two distinct issues which got accidentally merged in

http://www.mail-archive.com/isabelle-dev-FZvl9tbPmRz/MRS1mQlstFWycimB1TWZEawiMLnGKIuELgA04lAiVw at public.gmane.org/msg03860.html

While I agree with Makarius on

 > I am more concerned about this wiki here:
> https://isabelle.in.tum.de/community since it is provided by one of the
 > established Isabelle sites.
 >
> I would still like to see a genuine Isabelle community contributing here, > and doing serious maintenance. Right now it is just a scribbling board for > people who were discontent with some of the official READMEs or manuals, and
 > even that is often pointless already due to continuous updates of the
 > official versions.

I don't see why isabelle user communication should change from the (in my opinion) very well working mailing lists to anywhere else.

Technically speaking, I favour Usenet over mailing list, because I already follow some other Usenet groups, and using the Isabelle mailing list through the Gmane interface, often present issues. A mailing list is not what's the more handy, and I personnaly would better enjoy a forum or a Usenet group (a real one, not Gname interfacing a mailing list to make it look like a Usenet group).

This is just a technical matter by the way, nothing wrong with people here, who I enjoy a lot ;)