Re: [isabelle] partial_function

Dear Christian,

Are you aware of

  http://www4.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~krauss/mrec/mrec.pdf

(not that it contains too much information either, but it might help establish an intuition about the internal construction).

Also in IsaFoR we use partial_functions sometimes (mostly for the option monad, which is already set up). See, e.g.,

http://cl2-informatik.uibk.ac.at/rewriting/mercurial.cgi/IsaFoR/file/76e79c503105/IsaFoR/Parser_Monad2.thy

for setting up a new datatype.

hope this helps

chris