Re: [isabelle] Isabelle Community (was "stackexchange.com use for proof assistants and related software")

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013, John Wickerson wrote:

As Gottfried has pointed out, the SE idea would only work if *all* the support migrates over from the mailing-list. This would be quite a radical change, and as Chris says, the mailing-list does generally work very well.

I did not fully understand that reasoning. Gottfried's plan was for a separate SE site, and that requires substantial community behind it. Although I like the idea of all prover people joining in one site, they will probably still be too small and insignificant, even if the fragmentation is overcome.

A lightweight way to implement this change would be just to start asking and answering Isabelle questions on Stack Overflow, e.g. here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/isabelle

Indeed, that is already there. Some guys started asking questions and some other answered them. I don't see any conflict with isabelle-users here.