Re: [isabelle] Trying to reduce equality proofs from 2 to 1 step

I guess the answer might be in the The Isabelle Cookbook.

http://www.inf.kcl.ac.uk/staff/urbanc/Cookbook/

Maybe in chapter 6, Tactical Reasoning.

So far, I've enjoyed only needing a bare bones structured proof, or only a "by(metis...)" proof that Sledgehammer found for me.

But having to frequently have 7 lines for a proof, which is really only about 4 or 5 lines of proof, that's weighing heavy on me.

If someone wants to give me the ML to implement the 7 lines of proof below, that would be good, but then, maybe to automate it, tactics are needed. I wouldn't know anything about tactics.

Regards,
GB