[isabelle] Installation vs. Download and installation

Hi there,

google knows why I used the following page for installation on cygwin:

http://isabelle.in.tum.de/download.html

I had problems. First the cygwin bundle link did not work, as it pointed to
a 2011 version:

http://isabelle.in.tum.de/dist/Isabelle2011-1_bundle_x86-cygwin.tar.gz

I then found

http://isabelle.in.tum.de/dist/Isabelle2012_bundle_x86-cygwin.tar.gz

After unpacking and starting isabelle jedit, it said

Unknown logic "HOL" -- no heap file found in:

/cygdrive/c/Users/gbuday/.isabelle/Isabelle2012/heaps/polyml-undefined_x86-cygwin

  /cygdrive/d/isabelle/Isabelle2012/heaps/polyml-undefined_x86-cygwin
Return code: 127

It seemed that polyml is not found by isabelle, as there is a directory
with 5.4.1 in the place of undefined and there is a HOL image as expected.

http://fa.isabelle.narkive.com/KqmRLDQf/isabelle-fresh-install

reinforced this. Where should polyml be in the bundle?

Later I realised that there is another installation page:

http://isabelle.in.tum.de/installation.html

and this seems to be a fresher page, having a self-extracting .exe for
Windows. Is that the official page and the other just a leftover?

- Gergely