Hi Makarius,

I had no problem in installing and using the leaked version from January
the11th. But I could
not  successfully install this RC.   After the unpacking of files, it opens
the
command prompt windows and stays forever "initializing Cygwin". See image
attached.
I repeated this installation three times.

Even though, I continue the installation process executing Isabelle, after
killing the
command prompt window. The build process
(now presented in more detail) was successful.

Anyway, Avast AutoSandbox complain systematically about the following
processes:

C:\Isabelle2013-RC1\Isabelle2013.exe
C:\Isabelle2013-RC1\contrib\polyml-5.5.0\x86-cygwin\poly.exe

However, it gives permission to continue execution after 15 seconds or so
for
each file.

Then I went to a final test: configuring a session for document
preparation. After executing the
cygwin terminal I got a message that somethings did not go well (group
identification),
telling that some files should be rebuilt. See attached image. Probably
this is related to that faulty
initialization mentioned above

I stop here and wait from some feedback of you.

Best!

--
Alfio Ricardo Martini
PhD in Computer Science (TU Berlin)