Makarius,

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Makarius <makarius at sketis.net> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> the Isabelle2013 release is anticipated for February 2013.  Before actual
> lift-off we have approx. 3 weeks of public testing of release candidates.
>
> See https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release for the main
> website where this is organized.  There is also a link to an issue tracker
> on the same Bitbucket site.
>
> The main Isabelle2013-RC1 download page is
> http://isabelle.in.tum.de/website-Isabelle2013-RC1 -- although some parts of
> the text of the webpage is still missing.
>
> Observations from testing release candidates may be discussed here on
> isabelle-users (not isabelle-dev), on the bitbucket tracker, or via private
> mail.
>
> Active participation in testing is important to iron out small problems, and
> raise the overall quality of the system for everybody. The time to sort out
> issues is now.

On my MacOS X, I am getting on start up when it crashes:

------8<------
dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
/Applications/Isabelle2013-RC1.app/Contents/Resources/Isabelle2013-RC1/lib/Tools/java:
line 1:  2095 Trace/BPT trap          "$ISABELLE_JDK_HOME/bin/$PRG"
"$@"

Return code: 133

Admittedly, I am still running 10.5.x on this particular laptop, which
is technically no longer supported by Apple, but I saw no mention in
the docs that officially Isabelle community no longer supports it. If
this is the case please mention it somewhere. I still happened to have
2011-1 and 2012-RC2 on it, and both work. All use jEdit.

--
Serguei Mokhov
http://www.cs.concordia.ca/~mokhov