On Mon, 21 Jan 2013, Serguei Mokhov wrote:

On my MacOS X, I am getting on start up when it crashes:

------8<------
dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
/Applications/Isabelle2013-RC1.app/Contents/Resources/Isabelle2013-RC1/lib/Tools/java:
line 1:  2095 Trace/BPT trap          "$ISABELLE_JDK_HOME/bin/$PRG"
"$@"

Return code: 133

Admittedly, I am still running 10.5.x on this particular laptop, which
is technically no longer supported by Apple, but I saw no mention in
the docs that officially Isabelle community no longer supports it.

It is mentioned on http://isabelle.in.tum.de/website-Isabelle2013-RC1/installation.html where it says "(10.8, 10.7, partly 10.6)". There is little chance left for 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard) is working only to the extent that I can myself use it every in the office, but there can be surprises with the JDK 1.7.x that is used for Isabelle2013.

I recommend to invest the nominal fee for Mountain Lion to upgrade. (There are websites and private blogs explaining how to do that for very old systems, despite what Apple says officially.)