On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Makarius <makarius at sketis.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2013, Serguei Mokhov wrote:
>
>> On my MacOS X, I am getting on start up when it crashes:
>>
>> ------8<------
>> dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
>>
>> /Applications/Isabelle2013-RC1.app/Contents/Resources/Isabelle2013-RC1/lib/Tools/java:
>> line 1:  2095 Trace/BPT trap          "$ISABELLE_JDK_HOME/bin/$PRG"
>> "$@"
>>
>> Return code: 133
>> ------8<------
>>
>> Admittedly, I am still running 10.5.x on this particular laptop, which
>> is technically no longer supported by Apple, but I saw no mention in
>> the docs that officially Isabelle community no longer supports it.
>

> It is mentioned on
> http://isabelle.in.tum.de/website-Isabelle2013-RC1/installation.html where
> it says "(10.8, 10.7, partly 10.6)".

Doh... I am sure I searched prior posting; obviously not very rigorously. :/

>  There is little chance left for 10.5
> (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard) is working only to the extent that I can
> myself use it every in the office, but there can be surprises with the JDK
> 1.7.x that is used for Isabelle2013.

Thanks for confirming that.

> I recommend to invest the nominal fee for Mountain Lion to upgrade. (There
> are websites and private blogs explaining how to do that for very old
> systems, despite what Apple says officially.)

Right; I just seem to never being able to get around to do that yet
with all the backups and re-configurations to be done... but I agree
with you totally as there are no security patches among other things.

-s