[isabelle] redirect tracing output to file in Jedit

debugging a function definition with
    :
    using [[simp_trace_depth_limit=999]]
    using [[simp_trace=true]]
    by auto

'auto' is looping and the mass of data makes jEdit's Output panel unusable.

How can I redirect the output to a file?
(assuming that this is the best way to cope with the situation in jEdit)

Walther

PS: google tells me, that jEdit *can* redirect -- but I cannot find how (and hope, there is somebody patient enough to tell me in a line ;-))