Re: [isabelle] redirect tracing output to file in Jedit

On 23.01.2013 15:29, Walther Neuper wrote:
debugging a function definition with
:
using [[simp_trace_depth_limit=999]]
using [[simp_trace=true]]
by auto

'auto' is looping and the mass of data makes jEdit's Output panel unusable.

Probably the easiest solution is to use the upcoming Isabelle 2013, which has a size limit for the traces in jEdit (and can dynamically request a larger trace).

How can I redirect the output to a file?
(assuming that this is the best way to cope with the situation in jEdit)

I think with Isabelle 2012, your best bet is to click "Cancel" fast enough in the System(?) view and then click on nothing in the editor buffer.

  -- Lars