Re: [isabelle] New error messages in Isabelle 2013

Hi Makarius,

I have sent this already in a message previous to this one. The question is
simple:
I (as many other Isabelle users, I suppose) depend very much on the output
window to work with
Isabelle even though I work essentially with Isar structured proofs. The
hover-over-the-scribbles
feature is nice, but the output window is better and faster.

The problem is that, in case of a problem in establishing a fact or a
pending goal,
the  output window is now displaying messages
that show both success and failure (jedit-proof-failure) of applying a
given proof method , and
I think this should be avoided at all costs. If it is not possible in
Isabelle 2013, then maybe in Isabelle
2014. In the case of the error message, the output window should display
only
the message that appear in the image hover-error message, and not an
ambiguous message as
shown  in the jedit-proof-failure image. See attachments.

best!

--
Alfio Ricardo Martini
PhD in Computer Science (TU Berlin)