Re: [isabelle] Abbreviations in documents

A useful approximation to this may be the (input) option to abbreviation, e.g.

abbreviation (input)
  "some_abbr == (%t. t = some_expr)"

That abbreviation will be available for parsing your text but won't be used in printing. Generally handy. I'm fairly sure it won't be used in documents.

Yours,
    Thomas.