Re: [isabelle] New error messages in Isabelle 2013

On 30.01.2013 14:53, Lars Noschinski wrote:
I am still confused about this confusion. Taking the above specification
in isolation, it is already what happens in Isabelle2013-RC2: you see
the error "immediately" in the output of the by command, assuming that
window is open in the old-fashioned manner; it also works Proof General.
If you don't have output open, then pointing at the red squiggles of
"auto" gives the error more quickly.

I think Peter's point is that he would not like to work with a version
of Isabelle where you cannot see directly what is happening at the
editing focus. Some of your comments like

| Output and goal states are not fully obsolete yet, but it is one more
| step to overcome them.

can be interpreted as wanting to remove that way of working.

Actually, I think René Neumann did a good job of explaining what I wanted to express here.

  -- Lars