Re: [isabelle] New error messages in Isabelle 2013

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013, Tim (McKenzie) Makarios wrote:

On 31/01/13 06:32, Joachim Breitner wrote:
But
since you mention keyboard I’d like to add that, for the sake of the
wrists of your users, please ensure that every feature is accessible
without touching the mouse. Keyboard-only control is crucial for
efficient and ergonomic use of any computer application¹.

This is also important for accessibility for blind users, for example.

These are generic jEdit and Java GUI questions.

People who feel like doing something constructive, can start investigating possibilities, and point out concrete solutions. There is also sourceforge.net/projects/jedit/ to organize generic jEdit development, in contrast to Isabelle/jEdit.

From my experience with the platform side-conditions so far, it is going
to be a lot of work to get it really right, whatever it is exactly. This should not be misunderstood as discouragement, just as a hint that it requires a lot of persistence to get tiny GUI aspects work in most situations. (Everybody managed to scale his Isabelle/jEdit font-size up and down with C-PLUS/MINUS on all platforms and national keyboards?)