Re: [isabelle] two issues with Isabelle2013 on mac
- To: John Wickerson <jpw48 at cam.ac.uk>
- Subject: Re: [isabelle] two issues with Isabelle2013 on mac
- From: Makarius <makarius at sketis.net>
- Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 13:55:42 +0100 (CET)
- Cc: isabelle-users Mailinglist <isabelle-users at cl.cam.ac.uk>
- In-reply-to: <03644DDD-1FF7-4658-A811-653F692816F6@cam.ac.uk>
- References: <03644DDD-1FF7-4658-A811-653F692816F6@cam.ac.uk>
- User-agent: Alpine 2.00 (LNX 1167 2008-08-23)
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013, John Wickerson wrote:
Here are two (fairly minor) problems when running Isabelle2013 on Mac OS
(10.7.5 in my case):
-- When Isabelle is running, there are *two* icons in the dock: the
Isabelle icon (which doesn't seem to correspond to any windows) and the
jEdit icon. It would be ever-so-slightly nicer just to have one.
-- When Isabelle is *not* running, I can double-click a theory file in
Finder, and it will happily launch Isabelle and open that theory. But
when Isabelle *is* already running, nothing happens when I double-click
a theory file in Finder. It would be slightly nicer not to have always
to use the jEdit "Open" menu.
I read this as an observation that everything works just fine, and you did
not have any serious crashes as others had with Oracle's Java 7 on Apple's
operating system. The two huge software companies are lagging a bit
behind in stability of their respective platforms.
The above two aspects are a consequence of using Platypus
http://sveinbjorn.org/platypus to wrap up Isabelle shell scripts as .app
There more native ways to do that for JVM applications, and I have started
exploring them again this week.
There is also a conclict with Proof General / Emacs here: the .app has to
serve both, and Isabelle/jEdit moving forward boldly would leave the old
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail (Mailman edition) and