Re: [isabelle] word wrapping in jEdit output panel

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013, John Wickerson wrote:

The word wrapping in the Output window of Isabelle/jEdit is a little bit off. That is, each line of text breaks about 1cm beyond the right-hand edge of the Output window (and that's independent of how I resize the window). Of course it's only a minor quibble because I can always scroll horizontally a little bit to see the rest of the output. It doesn't help to turn on/off the gutter.

I think you mean the breaking of pretty-printed formal output. (Word-wrap in the source is a different issue: there is also a snag here, because Isabelle tokenization for {* ... *} is in conflict with jEdit tokenization for words.)

The font metrics and window size parameters for pretty printed output are only precise once the inner GUI component geometry is known. It does not quite work with extra decoration (scrollbars, window borders): before the window is mapped these sizes are unknown, or I did not know how to get them in Java/AWT/Swing.

So Isabelle2013 has some funny heuristics here that work for the most common platforms, GUI look-and-feels, fonts, and font-sizes. What do you have in this respect?